When I decided to make the set I didn't really know what type it would be, so what might I be able to turn a flat board into ? one idea was to sue some MDF kits I've got to do part of a town & while I could get residential part to work out I just couldn't get the factory that is the lower part of the picture below to work out the way I wanted.
Back to the drawing-board, my next idea was maybe an Egyptian temple & I ran with this for awhile but.
Well there's always a but, while I liked this as an idea the lay out wasn't really going to work & to change to what I thought might work meant spending money, which would have delayed a project that was already well delayed.
What to do ? the joys of been a studio owner, it was from the HEX campaign that inspiration came as it called for an episode set among ruins, so I looked at some terrain I'd already had & bingo.
I'd already had the center part of the ground work done on the board as it would have been part of the Egyptian temple, but now it was going to be the main way that seems to run through a lot of the Aztec type ruins & with that in mind laying it out was child play as it kind of just laid itself out TBH.
After fixing it all in place I set about doing some damage before covering the rest of the board, first with a rough sand & then the ruins & ground where painted before adding grass flock.
Also while flocking I added some jungle foliage to give myself an idea of how it would look.
I didn't add to much jungle to the board itself as I wanted it to have some flexibility for gaming, however if I want it looking more overgrown I've some little scatter jungle terrain pieces I can add to do that.
The last thing I done was just little bits of clump foliage & few vines to add to the jungle over taking it look.
Below the set as it was for the Ruins episode of the HEX campaign, John asked in the comments of that post what the ruins where made of, they where made using Hirst molds mate, here's a link.
http://www.hirstarts.com/molds/molds.html

Well that a wrap for this post, so as always my thanks for dropping in & if you care to leave a comment it would be welcomed :)









0 Yorumlar