Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

229 Competitive Mech Guard List - 1500pts

Hey, All.

A week-and-a-half ago I managed to get to the club and play a game at short notice against a very nice chap called James. He wanted something competitive, so I brought a fairy cheesy competitive Mechanised force - 1500pts. Here it is:

HQ: Primaris Psyker (70)
HQ: Coy Cmdr w. 4x plasma guns (110)
Chimera (55)

EL: Psyker Battle Squad [x10] (110)
Chimera (55)

TP: Vets 1 w. 3x plasma guns (115)
Chimera (55)
TP: Vets 2 w. 3x melta guns (100)
Chimera (55)
TP: Vets 3 w. 3x grenade launchers (85)
Chimera (55)

FA: Hellhound w. smoke (135)
FA: Hellhound w. smoke (135)
FA: Devil Dog w. multimelta + smoke (140)

HS: Hydra (75)
HS: Griffon (75)
HS: Griffon (75)

= 1500pts
I played James's Space Wolves, and his list was made in response to mine, given his choice of models. We thought it'd be fun to play a game from 'Battle Missions', so we did, and we rolled up 'All-Round Defence' meaning the marines were in the middle defending a central objective and I was attacking from all sides. My HQs and HSs had to stay in reserve.

James's list included the following (I think):

Runepriest
15 Bloodclaws w. Wolf Priest in a Landraider Crusader
Dreadnought w. plasma cannon + stormbolter in drop pod
Long Fangs w. 4 lascannon and a missile launcher
Long Fangs w. 4 hvy bolters (I think)
15(?) Grey Hunters in a drop pod.

To cut a short story shorter, I won first turn and had tabled him by the end of my turn two. Here's my post-match notes - in no particular order - as I'm wont to do...:
  • James was unlucky with his rolling at times; that is, he certainly wasn't lucky.
  • It would've been far more even if he'd won first turn
  • He was a tremendously nice and knowledgable opponent
  • My first shot = Str9 AP1 large blast on target from my psykers (although all marines except 1 made their cover save)
  • My second shot = Devil Dog melta cannon short-range shot on the landraider: one-shot-one-kill.
  • I must remember to keep psyker battle squad more than 24" away from psychic hoods or equivalents
  • The Primaris Psker annihilated the dreadnought after coming in behind him from a reserve rule
  • The rules for deployment really made my job easy.
  • Templates and blasts worked very well, even when considering cover saves.
  • From five scatter-able shots I made, four were on target!
  • The runepriest was killed by a griffon shell!
  • My hydra didn't get to play
  • I ran out of targets: James conceded rather than bring on his reserved Grey Hunter drop pod.

A top opponent, and I was genuinely sorry for giving him such a tonking. The emperor was with me that night.

Cheers all,

- Drax.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar