Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Really, Really Good Short and a Sick Little Dog. Do you Like Fake Church?



The Crumbling of the Church  (If a tacky ad starts, please skip after seconds, I'm so sorry.)

Good Morning, I was thinking of the above video.  I have posted the greatness before and thought I would post it again.  I'll let it speak for itself.  It really tells the tale in my opinion and is pretty much how I feel on things.  The reason why I bring this kind of thing up is because it's important to me. I can't stand fake religiosity whether it's liberal or conservative.  Both stink. 

I've seen some messed up actions and thinkin', and as a young biracial pastor once said at the old downtown Methodist;  I've seen some... jacked up stuff.

I remember it like it was yesterday...The adorable young preacher named Terrence asked:

"Who likes fake church?  Who likes jacked up church?  Raise your hand if you like fake church."  

He had everyone repeat after him as he said...."Say it with me... J-a-ck-ed. Up."  He then explained that in his day it means: Messed up.

Marianna and I were up in the balcony that Sunday and almost could not contain ourselves we were laughing so hard.  You know how it is?   Something can be so hilarious because it's so true!  

I hope those of us who claim Christ *are* the church at every angle.  : )  And if you do not claim Christ I hope we can still be friends and that I will exhibit Christ-likeness. : )

........................

I'm taking care of a sick little dog right now so please pray for me, pray for my husband and our little Guiseppe.

Guiseppe is our precious little elderly dog, almost completely blind, an angel, a little heartbeat at our feet.  He's especially close to Jem, the highlight of this little guy's day is laying next to Jem on the couch in the evenings, putting his head on Jem's lap.

As I type, he is resting on my lap, he's a sweet little angel.  

God, give us the wisdom to care for him at this time.

loading ...   
Photo by Robert Stock


Take care all, may we be that Christ.  Let us not grow weary.  It's tough out there I know.

Hope everyone is having a nice week so far.      ~Amelia



"Some people think they are all that and a bag of chips."
-Terrence

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar