I love hiking this trail by myself. They were having the ribbon cutting ceremony at the other end of it the day I hiked. A young man talked to me about it…he was the ‘bike patrol’. I was the ONLY hiker that day. Everyone else was on a bike!
But it was so peaceful and beautiful! The woods are greening up now. And little birds and butterflies were flying by.
A dogwood blooming in the woods
I don’t stop a lot for picture taking on this trail because there aren’t as many photo ops. But I DID see a Pileated Woodpecker. And I’m going to show you EVERY photo I took of him. The first 6 are in this mosaic. Every time I clicked a pic….his head was IN the hole in the tree!
Finally I got TWO photos of his head!
This is the best one….
And I cropped it for you to see how beautiful he is!
So this was Hike #13 on the Florida Trails. It was 77 degrees when I finished my hike at 2 in the afternoon. PERFECT!
I’m joining Saturday’s critters HERE
and I’d Rather B Birdin’.

0 Yorumlar