Have you ever got up in the morning, looked at someones blog and ended up carrying out something you had no intention of doing that day?
A few days ago, Perpetua, wrote a post called Souperb, extolling the delights of the stockpot. Ten minutes later I was busily making roasted tomato soup. Just proves how quick and easy it is to do. My original recipe came from Sophie Dahl, granddaughter of Roald, however, I am not a precise measurements kind of person - just what I have to hand and it always works out. It is tasty and very nourishing, especially good at this time of year when tomatoes are so cheap, plentiful and sweet.
Chop tomatoes, red onions, a red pepper - not in Sophie's recipe, a couple of fat cloves of garlic and place in roasting dish. Sprinkle with a little balsamic vinegar, a little sugar, black pepper, small pinch of sea salt flakes, scatter with fresh thyme leaves, complete by drizzling some olive oil over it all.
Roast until turning brown and becoming caramelised.
I have added some vegetable stock to the roasted tomatoes, made from a stock cube and a good squeeze of tomato puree, so the soup is ideal for vegetarians. This slackens and reduces the concentration of the mixture before liquidising.
Top soup with parsley, some parmigiana cheese, and serve with crusty bread.
Top soup with parsley, some parmigiana cheese, and serve with crusty bread.
***********
I thought that you might like to see my new friend. He has become a regular visitor in the garden. Yesterday he spent 3 hours sitting in the sunshine, today his visit was quicker, just time for a snack on our hedgerow and fruit trees. I call him sooty with his lovely black nose and dark eyes. He has a fine set of antlers growing which you can just make out. Sorry the photo is fuzzy, he was a long way down the front of the garden and I was hiding behind our window.





0 Yorumlar