Checking out Pinterest and the latest political machinations of our embarrassing government.
On the upside, I have finally decided on what to do for my 40th.
Yay!
It will involve these fo' shizzle:
Fairy lights and poms.
A bling-tastic dress....motivation for when I think I'm going to pass out doing tricip dips:)
Definitely a cupcake tier. Who doesn't love a cupcake, right?
Dave and I have decided to hold the get together at our favourite pub restaurant. It has beautiful open fires and as it'll be the middle of winter, I'm hoping for a warm, cosy night with my favourite people.
Now I know what I'm doing I can put my creative energy into more important endeavours.
Namely, organising the school lunches and morning teas for the Goofballs.
I tallied that there are 27 lunches and 27 morning teas I need to prepare each school week.
Including 54 individual pieces of fruit.
Current favourites are cold quiche, rice salad, mountain bread wraps and the old faithful ham and salad sandwich.
There is a whole industry created on snacks for morning tea.
This week it trapped me. I caved..or as JD said, "Woo-hoo! Mum snapped and bought LCM's!"
I was weak, people.
But boy, it was easy to pack morning tea the next day.
********************
I took Bugsy out for a milkshake this morning before pre-school.
That's one happy camper.
We read "Where's the Green Sheep" when we got to pre-school.
Just the two of us, sitting on the happy lounge, surrounded by blocks and cars and books and craft activities.
I could have stayed all day.
Hark? What is that I hear?
Oh yes, it's a cappuccino calling my name....
Coffee is my only vice these days.
I'm doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 DVD....it should be called "R.I.P'd in 30". It's vomit-inducinginly hard. Especially if you're an almost 40 year old woman whose idea of exercise is a good brisk sit.
{Oh how I long for the hedonistic days of my youth in the early '90's when I would hit the dance floors with my girlfriends, cigarette in one hand, champagne in the other, fall into bed at 4am and still make it into college in time with energy to burn}
Sorry...just had a moment there.
I think I'm going to have to get "Reality Bites" out on DVD.
Takes me back every time.
Love you more than my new MAC lip gloss,
Meredy xo





0 Yorumlar