Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Why do I do this to myself especially this time of year..........

Why do I decided to go to a continuing education workshop on one of my last free Friday's before Christmas?  I thought it was a good idea to get those requirements for my license sorted out and this one looked very interesting, but really I must be insane?  Who has the time?  Not me, so I called them up and took the online course instead.  That involved me sitting on my tush in front of my computer for 6 1/2 hours over several days, but it also allowed me to work on this when I wasn't taking notes or I was watching endless labs online.


While I don't recommend taking a workshop right before Christmas, I do recommend taking one online.  We can only get so many hours online, but it is definitely worth it.  You go at your own pace, take a break when you need to, or do it over several days.  And when you are not writing, and you are just watching you can knit on something simple.  I am well on my way to getting this Hitchhiker completed before the Holidays.  It is an easy one made with Cascade Yarns Tangier and size 9 needles.  It won't take near the amount of time my first one took because the yarn is thicker and the needle size is larger.  So sorry for all of you making it with teeny tiny, thin yarn.  Join in the Hitchhiker fun at Teresa's.


Since I am all over the place on this post and a bit giddy about getting that course finished I am going to show you how well my parents plants are doing since they have been moved here to my home.  They were all replanted and well to be honest taken care of.  The tiny Christmas cactus is going to bloom.  It was a withered little mess when I rescued it. 


This lovely plant is very happy, showing sweet little red blooms to prove it.


One of the Mother In Law plants is blooming, too!  This plant was in the house I grew up in.  I remember it from when I was very little, it is ancient because I am ancient.  I remember seeing it in our window.  It has survived a long time and seems to be very happy here at my home. 


This morning I spent gathering all the little presents for Little Buddy's therapists and teachers.  There are eight of them at school and three who see him privately.  I am so happy to have this all organized and ready for his last week of school before Christmas break. 


Tomorrow is dedicated to a lot of work at my Dad's place.  I have things to sort things and get ready before they get picked up to be donated on Friday.  It is hard to see it all dismantled, I guess that is what helps to move us on, it isn't my parents home anymore.  There is carpet to be cleaned, shelves to be washed, his linens to wash and pack up, furniture to be de-cat haired, and all sorts of other areas to be cleaned up and dealt with.  It won't be fun but I have to get a handle on it, I feel like it is weighing on me.  His cats have been placed with his caregiver and her family and they are both doing really great.  She sent photos of the terror cat Lydia being petted and loved.  The look on Lydia's face was so sweet, she is happy and behaving so that is all I can ask for.  The cats have only lived with my quiet parents, so getting used to other cats, dogs, kids and a very active house could have been very hard for them.  I am so happy that they have both adapted and are happy.


I will leave you with these bears I made my parents years and years ago for Christmas.  The smaller one was for my Mom.  She got hers first, then my Dad complained that I never made him anything and boy was he surprised that there was a little bear under the tree just for him.  They are a nice reminder that my parents cherished the things I made for them.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar