Lots of recipes out there for Lemon Jello Cake. Most of them, like this one use a cake mix. I have always made it with a Duncan Hines cake mix, but use the one you like best. I will say however, that Jello brand jello is better than any store brand I have used. I do use some store brand items, but not for a Jello replacement.
This makes a moist cake that is great to take to a potluck or family dinner or just to eat for your own family. It keeps well, but I rarely have it around long as everyone likes it.
I think the no frosting just a glaze helps keep it from being overly sweet and the jello keeps it moist.
Lemon Jello Cake
Ingredients
Cake
1 lemon cake mix
4 large eggs
1 1/3 cups water
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 small box (3 oz.) Jello Lemon or Citrus flavor
Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray or grease and flour 9x13 inch baking pan.
In bowl of a mixer, mix the cake mix, eggs, water, oil and dry jello together. Pour into the greased and floured 9x13 inch pan.
Bake at 350°F for 27 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few crumbs clinging to it. The cake should spring back when lightly touched with a finger.
When cake is done, prick with 2 tine fork while still hot. Immediately pour lemon glaze over top. Let it soak in as you go so it doesn’t run over. Cool and enjoy.
Icing
lemon juice
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
lemon zest (optional)
lemon zest (optional)
In a small bowl, mix lemon juice and powdered sugar until you have a thin, pourable glaze


0 Yorumlar