
I have done a fair amount of beating up on sequels and remakes this past week and jeez, I guess I feel kinda guilty. It is summer after all and since we all need to get comfy in our sequel/remake beds, let's not shy away from this. Let's instead embrace it like a warm fuzzy blanket. So give me your Top 5 Best remakes or sequels.
1. The Thing - This is still a showcase for some of the best special effects ever in a movie. And the paranoid theme is timely.
2. Godfather II - Yeah, yeah. Shocker.
3. Aliens - A rare case where the second story actually built on the previous and made the whole even better.
4. Cape Fear - A remake of a story that updates it and makes it creepier. "Hey Max, what about your books? Already read 'em."
5. Ocean's 11 - Soderbergh did an excellent job of capturing the cockiness of the first while still making the characters likable. Plus it's just a fun as hell movie. I watch this often and it always makes me want to wear a really big pinkie ring after.
There are others, I know. But I can't think today so this is what I got.

0 Yorumlar